Under general direction of the Vice President, Human Resources, responsible for filling open positions on a temporary and direct hire basis with qualified candidates. This position will source and screen candidates, coordinate the interview process, facilitate candidate offers, and oversee the first day on-boarding process.
Position Reports to
Vice President, Human Resources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with HR leadership to develop a recruiting strategy for the business.
- Partners with hiring managers to identify talent that aligns with business objectives.
- Sources candidates using various search methods for both exempt and non-exempt roles.
- Reviews resumes, screens candidates and conducts phone screens to identify talent.
- Builds relationships with vendor partners to assist with contingent workforce staffing.
- Oversees the overall interview, selection and offer processes.
- Facilitates background checks as required.
- Manages the new hire experience from offer to on-boarding.
- Ensures that all phases of the hiring process are completed in accordance with employment laws and regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 years of demonstrated recruiting experience with non-exempt employee population in a warehouse or distribution environment preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Ability to manage a wide range of internal and external relationships
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office environment and may be exposed to the warehouse and operations (packaging) environment including occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.