The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assts, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities and other related financial activities.
Position Reports to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies, deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to per annual audit.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends update to enhance the accounting software.
- Managers the purchasing an invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of related experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- English literacy
- General mathematical skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with cGMPs
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to warehouse and operations (packaging) environments including regular exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.