This position is responsible for completing primary and secondary packaging room activities as directed by a Packaging Room Supervisor and/or the Operations Coordinator
Position Reports to
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manual bottle filling.
- Filling and inspection of blister strips.
- Filling, inspection and sealing of blister cards.
- Manual label application, assembly, and inspection procedures.
- May operate semi-automated packaging equipment in primary and secondary packaging rooms.
- Performs major and minor cleans in primary packaging rooms, secondary packaging rooms, and on all equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows instructions well.
- Works well with others within and outside of the packaging rooms.
- Displays a grasp of cGMPs.
- Complies with written SOPs.
- Clearly documents actions.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Observes relevant safety procedures in regard to the operation of any appropriate equipment in primary and secondary packaging rooms.
- English literacy
- General mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with cGMPs
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to warehouse and operations (packaging) environments including regular exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.